Using the Mobile App? Click Here!
Your user profile is the place to tell everyone else about who you are and why you're the right person for the job - whether you're the job poster or job worker! In this section we'll be covering the following:
- Adding a Profile + Cover Image
- Filling out the About Section
- Adding your Skills
- Adding documents or photos to your Portfolio
Profile + Cover Photo
Adding a profile photo allows users to see you before they hire or accept a job. A perfect profile photo can lead to getting hired for the job or more applicants applying for your job post. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Pick a spot. Find a place that isn't too busy or distracting - a plain background is recommended. Make sure you're the only person in the photo as multiple people in the photo can be confusing for others.
- Ask a friend. Have a friend take the photo. Stand a few feet away and make sure they capture your shoulders and top of your head! Good lighting and a steady hand are a plus!
- Smile and say Cheese! Show off those pearly whites of yours as it helps others feel welcome when picking you!
How to upload your Profile or Cover photo: Simply click on the Profile Image or Cover photo (seen below) and locate the photo of your choice. Note that it make take a few seconds for your photo to upload depending on the quality.
This section is where you get to shine! In a few sentences, tell other users a bit about yourself. Details can include but are most definitely not limited to:
- Where you're from
- A unique fact about yourself
- What you're great at
- What your business or profession is all about
To Add your About Summary, click on the little pencil next to "About" - fill out the section and then hit the blue Save button. You're all set!
Similar to the About section, Skills also allow you to tell others about yourself. Pick the top 5 skills that you think best represent you!
To Add your Skills, click on the pencil icon next to "Skills". Start typing out a word of your choice and select it in the dropdown. The word will turn blue when you've successful selected it (see image below).
Adding your resume, photos, or certificates are excellent ways to show users what you've done and can really help set you apart from other job applicants. If you're a certified plumber, a photographer, or a recent college grad; this is the spot for you to upload your work!
To Upload a File or Image, simply click on the "Add" button in the Portfolio section. Next, select the file of your choice and click open. (Image A)
Once you've selected your file, you'll be prompted to add a few more details about what this file is. Choose a title, description of what the file is, and select the category that best represents what this file is. Once you've done this, select the Save button in the top left corner and wait for your file to upload. (Image B)